13 Aug 2012

From out of the blue

Hi Guys - you'll no doubt have been wondering why I've not been posting lately - well I was hit totally and unexpectedly out of the blue a couple of weeks back, as these things do, by a "Heart Attack" - it comes as a complete shock/surprise as I'm not yet 60, and neither of my parents or grandparents suffered any heart related history.
So after several days in hospital am now resting at home catching up with some Dx'ing - the cardiac team 1st performed an angiogram (which is absolutely amazing) via the Femeral artery (Groin).  but results showed nothing relating to lifestyle etc... but apparently there was an anomalie with one of the hearts valves being slightly elongated and occasionally would buckle, (something I was born with), which required a second angiogram -  so had to go down again for further investigations - however they felt it best not to interfere by using a stent so have decided on drug treatments - on returning home I did not think I would feel so tired (drugs)  boy was I...  but now a week later I'm feeling almost normal, although I cant help thinking just what a thin line we ALL tread even though you think your well and healthy - still taking it slowly though just in case - they're telling me any damage is minimal - I am just looking forward to being able to get on with some of the physical jobs I have always done, and maybe being able to reduce the cocktail of drugs I'm on currently - I am starting to rattle, luckily the only side effect of these drugs at the moment is effecting my voice slightly (Feeling Hoarse)
So.. it's back to some DX'ing  worked some W's last week and called a Lone JA on 17m cw who did not appear to be getting any response - he heard my 50w call and came back with a 569 in the clear WoW !
I have also had the 817 out the back here with my fishing pole/dipole set-up running 2.5w and its just fine for working EU  -   thank goodness I have this hobby.
73'

11 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Take it slow and work some DX.
    Feel better.
    Jim
    W2KLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim, well thanks for the comment, one thing I did'nt mention - I awake refreshed after a FULL 8 hrs - sleep like a log too.
    73'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read of your HA. My brother had one in his mid-40's. Lifestyle thing. Too many cigs and MacDo burgers on the road (salesman). Now 62 with a defibulator in his chest. Carries on, though.

    Hope you are not a smoker. Watch your diet...the usual litany.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Richard
    FB on all - non smoker here for 22 yrs, and drink sensibly (most of the time) thought we had a good diet but does need "Correcting" apparently mac do' s banned here - feel better if I could get off these tabs though.
    Cheers - 73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Peter, so you see it's not always food or "health" life related. My mother in law had a similair problem, also something she was born with but only showed up now she go older. She went for surgery 2 weeks ago and all went well. I hope the medicines will have a positive effect on you and you will not experience this again. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bas:
    Thank you - This must have just been a "Blip", but it was VERY unpleasant with all the classic symptoms - the drugs are really chilling me out (and I was already easy going) - you are right , I do not want to experience another episode - I have to visit the hospital in a month for a check up, and I am hoping to reduce these tablets a bit - but we're taking it easy and enjoying the radios here.
    Good luck with your big shack project too - keep us updated.

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peter, some things we don't expect can happen to us. I hope you will soon recover from this heart attack, take care, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that sure must had been out of the blue for sure!! It just reminds me of how things sure can change in just one moment. It's good to hear the damage was minimal. It reminds me of how I have to take care of myself as well. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Paul & Mike
    So good to hear from you both - well these things do tend to hit when your least expecting them, went out for my first walk today and a short bus ride (Not allowed to drive yet)bit of a pain but the air was good especially crossing the bridge onto the Island on which I live here, that lovely sea air - tomorrow I have arranged to meet up with a friend of mine so that will be good too, all this activity is preventing me working the DX though !!
    Thanks again...
    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Peter,

    Wow...what an unexpected surprise. Hope you're back to complete recovery soon. Now is a great time for radio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there - yes its a bit of a shock really but we're on the mend - must get the dose of pills reduced though as it's lowered my heart rate too much - feeling a bit spaced out here ;-)

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. - Bedankt voor je reactie.
Gracias por tu comentario

Labels