11 Oct 2011

Well since finishing the "small" job for my Sister-in-Law a few weeks back I thought I would have had more time to get Blogging and doing the radio stuff, but it has not worked out that way, plus I do seem to have got out of the habit of checking the blogs in the morning - and to be honest I have not had much inclination recently to get on the radio - listening to some of the "antics" of the pack chasing T32C beggars belief,  however today I thought I'd get the TS590S fired up and do some Wspr,  I started on 10m and though there appeared to be stations around early afternoon it was disappointing so switched late afternoon to 20m, and glad I did VK2,  VU,  VE6, W's galore so yes , conditions were very good I'd say and this is the first time I'd really put the TS590S/I-Pro  combination to the test.



The I-Pro should have come down over a month ago when I should have been erecting a 100' doublet, but the mast I ordered has STILL not arrived (Now 2 months)  :-(   not happy...  but the I-Pro has been turning up a few surprises so might leave it up  after a pre-winter check, it does seem to work very well on 20/17m but deaf on 10m - Today was encouraging and fun to see all those W's listed

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, nice photograph of your wspr. How did you do that? Your template is very neat and clear. Propagation is variable. One moment 10 meter is dead, and 1 hour later VK rolls in. 20 meter is overall the best band now. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul:
    I tried 10m yesterday and it was very sl o o ow going so switched to 20m long list of W's - this afternoon is MUCH better by the look of it on 10m - lots of W's reporting my 5w into the I-Pro so maybe it's not so bad on 10m after all :-) , always difficult to tell as conditions are variable.
    I found a little program called photoscape and its very nice for making up groups of photo's and has a lot of nice templates as well.

    Back now to window cleaning Hi . . .

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. - Bedankt voor je reactie.
Gracias por tu comentario

Labels