11 Sep 2011

New Look

A while back I mentioned here that I would be undergoing a shack renovation, which included replacing the radio's and making some additions - the main reason for change was the somewhat "Cluttered" look on the desk - I wanted to give it a "Cleaner" look, which meant removing the small pine unit I made earlier this year to house equipment - I chose to keep it handy though as I may be able to use it later on sometime, so for now it's in the workshop.

Here's the old look:


A bit cramped and untidy


Here's the streamlined desk top:



Much better now I can see what I'm doing and everything is accessible - I wiil eventually move the Yaesu Power supply powering the TS590S underneath with the other one which feeds the FT450D/FT817  and/or accessories ...  there is also a two tier paper rack underneath to the right to keep clutter off the desk - as you can see I dont have a lot of space and I have a feeling I'm going to outgrow this during next year - what you cannot see are two colour printers/Scanner/TS830/FT817/Computer Plus numerous extra's I keep boxed - Might struggle to find room for an Amp !
Outside we have an I-Pro Home multibander, with which I have made some good Dx contacts this is due to be mothballed,  however I'm ALWAYS changing antennas and feeders these days so they DO NOT get a chance to weather and corrode, too many times in the past I have been caught by poor performance  issues and suddenly finding the Swr has gone through the roof, only to find one half of the feeder has detatched itself, or is so badly corroded  -  No More, I check and replace my feeders every year (or Less) especially the RG58 types - There is NO point using old - poor - blackened - corroded feeder, shame it does not have a longer life - 9-12 months and it's useless. !!
On a more positive note - Dinner is served.


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice look to the operating table now. I did notice your keyboard is the same as the one I use when contesting. As for printer and scanners here they are all wireless so are off out of the way. As I sit back and look at my operating desk it is starting to look a little cramped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike:
    Just needed to clear the decks a bit with the addition of new radios and power supplies I had no room to move - problem is I am going to outgrow this desk soon as I'm considering the possibility of going QRO - we'll see.

    Good Luck - Peter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. - Bedankt voor je reactie.
Gracias por tu comentario

Labels