25 May 2011

At last–a clear slot

Where I can at least spend some time catching up with what's been happening – firstly 6m.   I have been missing something it seems ! always the way  - I was not particularly impressed last season but when I get the chance I will have another stab at it. (Beam still stored in the garage)

I have been spending a little time thinking about a new desktop design for the shack here, only last year I built a new pine shelving module to house my Qrp gear (See Pic)  – but that is going to change for sure, with new equipment on the cards it looks like it will have to go as I want it looking like a hamshack should, not a  rubbish tip !  I hate being surrounded by clutter -

IMG_0054

I have been completely immersed in “other” projects this past few weeks and have even been going to bed early, which is unusual for me so have not had much airtime at all and now suffering withdrawal symptoms – I desparately need to get on – not this morning though – jobs to get done.  I might catch some action later this afternoon/evening, and I also have tomorrow free as well,  I ‘ll try and get a few cw contacts in the log.   I have put the 40m dipole back in place and it loads up on 20m/15/10 – curiously the internal ATU of the FT450 will not tune it on 20m – but the LDG  auto tuner will, it is cut for 7.030.

Well thats all we have time for right now, there seems to be so much to get done at the moment,  I will continue to post as and when.

1 comment:

  1. Seems we all go through the peaks and valleys with regards to ham operating time. I too have had very busy times that have taken me away from radio. I have found that getting radio time is very important as it helps even me out a bit. The hobby helps out the mental health and the relaxing as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. - Bedankt voor je reactie.
Gracias por tu comentario

Labels