4 Apr 2011

Quick and Dirty

IMG_0065

I was “Fiddling” earlier today and should have realised I did not have the required hardware to do a proper job in making up a dipole centre – after having looked in my “Antenna Box”, so I came up with this as a means of “Getting it Running” – it’s cheap, quick and dirty and something I would’nt normally do, certainly not for any permanent antennas. It’s a simple terminal block strapped to the top section of a Fibreglass fishing pole, or (Crappy Pole as it’s known in some quarters) with a re-usable quick release tie – not brilliant but it worked for test purposes anyway.

The pole is actually a “Sota” pole but my big beef is that they are a bit flimsy at the top (Mine actually snapped off ) so have removed the remaining section – also the problem is any dipole antennas supported should be made as “Light as possible” and preferably using RG174 or similar as even RG58U is way too heavy to support – also the feeder cable is best taped to the mast using electricians tape at the joins, thus waterproofing as well. Now thinking of Spiderbeams.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, an easy solution for a quick test. I like that. I like your new blog layout. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Paul - Yes, quick and simple connection, it worked fine - funny yesterday I later came across an article that used the same method :-) - re:- blog layout, wanted to keep it plain and easy on the eye - Thanks for dropping in.

    73 Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Peter, I have been there before too starting something and then getting to far to turn back. The solutions looks like a very good temp one for sure. It was a nice simple solution...I have a tendency to over complicate the simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike:
    Just needed something "Quick", bit of a lash-up really :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. - Bedankt voor je reactie.
Gracias por tu comentario

Labels