26 Apr 2010

Qsl Direct

In past years, especially when I first got my license I always relied on the RSGB qsl bureau and generally found it workd very well, and to my knowledge still does - and just occasionally I received cards direct via the snail system (Post), usually from Swl's - to which I mostly replied providing the details of the qso they heard were indeed correct (I know how frustrating it is waiting for returns). This week - I had my first qsl card sent direct by post from Germany - It was from Horst DD9ZZ confirming a Bpsk31 qso on the 15th April 2010, all the usual details were given, and he also sent the return postage - I am impressed by this gesture and in true "Ham" spirit returned my card - unfortunately It was one of my "Emergency" cards as I do need to get some more printed as most if not all Psk qso's are confirmed via E-qsl these days - these cards do seem to remove the "Personalization" from qsl'ing but they do serve the purpose. Hers is the card he sent - I actually like this design, it's colourful and well printed on good stock - being an "Ex Printer" myself I thought it well worthy of showing here - My thanks to Horst- this is one of those better qsl cards.

Powered by ScribeFire.

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Peter,

    That's a great QSL card. I am especially fond of the hand-designed ones and received a lovely one from Northern Italy a few months ago. I would like to print my own but need some design software as I am just not up to the artistic endeavour of starting from scratch. eQSL is good and fast and green and cheap, but I do agree they depersonalise the process. There is nothing quite like receiving a handmade card in the post direct! Thanks for posting the German QSL card. 73 and best wishes, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Peter, that's defenitely a nice QSL card! Always nice to receive a card by post. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adam/Bas:

    Yes although I already have a large box full of Qsl's of the past I continue to collect them - the novelty wears off for some folks but it's just the icing on the cake for me especially if they're good cards - BTW I save my e-qsl's as Jpegs - now building a collection - but again the trouble is quite a lot are just variations on a theme. unless your a Bronze Member.

    73 Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Peter, I only save the nice selfmade eQSLs and from new DXCC. I leave the standard ones on the web. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bas:

    I used to be a printer and at one time did have access to equipment to produce my own cards - but these days I have been using the computer - e-Qsl is fine for Digi contacts though, I must get around to getting proper cards made up - you cannot beat "Real Printing" (Litho)... although these days most are going over to Digital Personalised Media - so much quicker to set up, but printing speeds not good...!

    73 Peter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. - Bedankt voor je reactie.
Gracias por tu comentario

Labels